WIRRAL CLASSIC CAR CLUB RULES & REGULATIONS
RULES & REGULATIONS
Updated at the Annual General Meeting 25 October 2017
1. TITLE. The name of the Club shall be Wirral Classic Car Club (the club), and its objective shall be to encourage the ownership and enjoyment of older vehicles.
- CONSTITUTION. Anyone over 17 years of age shall be eligible to join. Membership shall consist of: - (a) Honorary Members. (b) Family Members.
- MANAGEMENT. The responsibility for the running of the Club shall be vested in a Committee, who, in addition to the powers and authorities conferred on them by these rules, may exercise all powers and acts in furtherance of the objects for which the Club is established or agreed at General Meetings.
- COMMITTEE. The Committee will be elected at the Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.) and consist of a Chairman, Hon. Secretary, Hon Treasurer, who shall all be ex-officio members, and between three and eight members. Retiring officers and members of the Committee shall be eligible for re-election. Three Committee members shall form a quorum. Nominations of Candidates for election to the Committee must be received by the Secretary before the A.G.M. The Committee may appoint a Sub-Committee to meet in respect of any specific matter or event and co-opt other members deemed necessary.
- MEETING OF COMMITTEE. The Secretary shall unless otherwise agreed by all the Committee give at least seven days’ notice of a meeting.
- ABSENCE FROM COMMITTEE. Any Committee member who, without sufficient reasons, is absent from three consecutive Committee meetings may be called upon to resign from the Committee.
- DUTIES OF SECRETARY. The Secretary, or deputy, shall attend in person all meetings of the Committee to take minutes of the proceedings. Such minutes shall be stored and presented for confirmation at the following Committee meeting and/or A.G.M.
- BANKING. Club monies raised shall be banked as soon as possible in the Club bank account(s) and no disbursements made except when authorised by the Committee.
- ELECTION OF MEMBERS. Completed Membership Forms shall be submitted to the committee by the Membership Secretary and the election of such candidates shall be at the discretion of the Committee. Membership of the club shall continue only for the period covered by the current subscription. All applications must be made by an individual in their own correct name and be signed by the said applicant personally.
- MEMBERSHIP OF OTHER ORGANISATIONS. Membership of any other organisation, shall not entitle any affiliation or reduced membership rate to the club.
- VOTING OF COMMITTEE. Each Member present at a meeting of the Committee shall be entitled to exercise one vote. The Committee shall vote by ballot if any member present so demands. A vote of one third or more against any membership application shall exclude that applicant.
- SUBSCRIPTIONS. Shall be determined at the Annual General Meeting.
- PAYMENT OF SUBSCRIPTIONS. Due annually on the first of January. Members joining after 1st September shall have their subscriptions current until the end of the following year. Membership and any of the benefits conferred, shall not take effect until after election for new members and full payment of the annual subscription by existing members.
- RESIGNATION. When a person and household ceases to be a member of the club, they shall immediately cease to have any claim upon the club or to enjoy any privileges of membership, but shall remain liable for the payment of any debts owed by them to the club.
- USE OF CLUB NAME. The name of the club shall not be used by a member as their address for trade, advertising or business purposes or in connection with any legal proceedings.
- HONORARY MEMBERS. The Committee may elect as Honorary Members any persons who have been distinguished in promoting the cause of motoring in general or of the club, in particular. Honorary membership shall last for one year and must be renewed after each Annual General Meeting.
- EXPULSION OF MEMBERS. The Committee, if at any time are of the opinion that the interests of the club so require; shall invite any member by letter to resign from the club within a time specified in such letter and in default of such withdrawal, submit the question of expulsion to a meeting of the Committee, to be held within six weeks after the date of such letter. Members of the Committee and the member(s) concerned, shall be given at least 7 days’ notice that a question of withdrawal or expulsion is to be discussed at a meeting of the Committee and the member whose expulsion is under consideration shall be allowed to offer an explanation of their conduct verbally or in writing. If two thirds of the Committee present, then vote for their expulsion, they shall immediately cease to be a member of the club.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING. The Annual General Meeting of the club shall be held in the month of October in each year upon a date and at a time to be fixed by the Committee. The Annual General Meeting shall:
a) Receive a full statement of accounts showing the receipts and expenditure for the year ending.
b) Receive a report of the activities of the club during the said year.
c) Elect a President (if desired), Chairman, Hon. Secretary and Hon. Treasurer of the club.
d) Elect the Committee, some of whom may assume a specific role such as Membership, Events Secretary, and/or as decided by the Committee.
e) Decide on any resolution, which may be duly submitted to the meeting as hereinafter provided.
- SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS. A Special General Meeting may be convened by direction of the Committee, or on a requisition of the Secretary stating the business for which the Special General Meeting is required, signed by 12 or more members. If the meeting so requisitioned is not convened within 21 days, the said 12 members may convene such a meeting. 15 members shall form a quorum.
- AGENDA. When members wish a matter to be discussed at a General Meeting, the text of such matters shall be sent to the Secretary at least 14 days before the date of such meetings, so that it may be included in the Agenda. A copy of the Agenda shall be sent to each member at least five days prior to the meeting, but the fact that any member has not received a copy of the Agenda shall not invalidate the proceedings. No business which has not been included in the Agenda shall be discussed at the meeting unless every member present is in favour thereof.
- VOTING AT MEETINGS. Each current Family Membership shall give entitlement to one vote and a majority of votes decides a resolution. The Chairman shall not vote except to exercise a casting vote. At any General Meeting, any 12 members may demand a Poll, and thereupon the meeting shall be adjourned to a time and place to be named by the Chairman and a postal vote shall be taken of all members of the club. The decision of the members, as shown by a postal vote, shall be reported to the adjourned meeting and shall be deemed to be the decision of such meeting.
22. RIGHTS TO BE PRESENT. Only paid up Club members can take part in General Meetings.
- OBSERVANCE OF RULES. Every member is bound to abide by the rules of the club and also by any modifications thereof made in conformity with such rules. Also to accept as final and binding the decision of the Committee, in all cases of dispute or disagreement as to the interpretation of these rules.
- ALTERATION OF RULES. Any alterations to these rules may be made by a General Meeting, provided that details of the proposed alteration or alterations are included in the notice of the General Meeting and that the resolution proposing such alteration is carried by two thirds of those present and voting at such General Meeting, or by two thirds of those voting by Poll as provided for in Rule 21.
25. EVENTS. Members are responsible for having fully road legal vehicles, at all times, when used in events organised, or participated in, by the club.
26. COPIES OF RULES. Every member shall be furnished with a copy of the club rules and regulations on election.
- TROPHIES. Club trophies remain the property of the club and shall be returned to the secretary on demand.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Membership of the Club and acceptance of these rules by the member, will constitute consent to the holding of relevant personal data on a database and for a period of no less than 12 months after they have ceased to become members and for the use of a part of this information in magazines, event programmes and members handbooks.
- DISSOLUTION. The club may be dissolved by a Special General Meeting convened by direction of the Committee, or on the requisition of the majority of the members. If passed, the Committee shall forthwith liquidate the affairs of the club and if there be any surplus assets upon realisation, these shall be disposed of at the direction of the Committee to a charity or charities nominated by the existing Committee at a Special General Committee Meeting.